To recognize the value that our employees bring to our communities, patients and customers, SCLHS is committed to providing a wide variety of rewards. Our "Total Rewards" package includes the complete arrangement of pay, benefits, training and development, work-life programs and other recognition practices that SCLHS offers to help employees care for their health, career, financial future and quality of life.
Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive mix of medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability; Long Term Care; Retirement; Paid Time Off and other benefits. Many of these benefits are available to both employees and their families. Benefits will vary depending on full time or part time employment eligibility status.
Below is a brief summary of benefits:
Health and Wellness
- Medical Benefits
- SCLHS offers four medical plan options that employees can elect coverage from. The Base PPO Plan and Plus PPO Plan provide medical benefits both in-and out-of-network. Annual deductibles, co-payment levels and out-of-pocket maximums vary based on where services are received and which plan was selected. The Supplemental Plan is designed to "tie in" with another plan the participant may have. This plan pays the first $500 in covered expenses and then pays 20% of remaining expenses.
- The Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) encourages employees to act as consumers and to make informed decisions with regards to their family's health care needs. The CDHP gives the employee the ability to take control of his or her health care dollars and determine when and where those dollars will be spent.
- In addition to medically necessary services, our plans provide preventative care services and prescription drug coverage.
- Dental Benefits - SCLHS offers two dental plan options that employees can elect coverage from. The Base PPO Plan and Plus PPO Plan provide dental benefits both in-and out-of-network. Both plans cover preventative, basic and major dental services, as well as orthodontics.
- Vision Benefits - Vision benefits are available to help pay for routine exams, glasses and contact lenses.
Individual and Family Support
- Life Insurance
- All eligible employees receive a core level of group term life insurance coverage and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance coverage at no out-of-pocket premium costs. Additional levels of life insurance and AD&D coverage as well as Dependent Life insurance coverage are also available.
- Life insurance coverage also includes provisions for living benefits, career adjustment benefits and family-oriented benefits.
- Long Term Disability - Long Term Disability (LTD) coverage is available to provide a source of income in the event an employee becomes disabled and is unable to work. Eligible employees may choose from a variety of LTD options that provide salary continuation up to a maximum benefit level. Benefits are integrated with Social Security and payments begin following 90 days of disability and may continue until age 65.
- Defined Contribution Plan - A defined contribution plan is provided for employees who meet specific eligibility criteria. SCLHS will contribute a percentage of the eligible employee's base salaries into the plan. The plan also provides an employer match of 50% of the first 6% of pay an employee contributes to the Retirement Savings Plan.
- Retirement Savings Plan [403(b)] - The Retirement Savings Plan is designed to allow employees to request a portion of their income to be withheld by SVH rather than being paid as taxable income and paid to the Retirement Savings Plan. Payment of state and federal income tax is deferred on the funds and all earned interest until withdrawn at retirement, termination or discontinuance of the plan.
- Long Term Care - This benefit is designed to help cover the costs associated with extended long term care, such as professional in-home care, assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities. This plan is available to you and your extended family members.
- Employee Assistance Program - SCLHS offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with professional counselors and physicians to assist employees and their immediate family members who may need a support network for personal issues.
- Time Off - In order to assist with work/life balance, Paid Time Off and extended illness hours are available for eligible employees. Paid Time Off (PTO) is an accrual of benefit hours that are available to cover holidays, vacation days and personal days while extended illness is an accumulation of hours designated for use by the employee for his/her own illness.